Our mission is to continuously improve ourselves and meet the needs and expectations of our valued guests with innovative approaches and competitive pricing options in the hospitality sector. While doing all of this, our main goal is to provide maximum benefit to the environment, humanity, and nature without compromising the principles of sustainability in tourism.
To be the leader in the industry through the difference we create in sustainability and guest satisfaction.
OUR CORE VALUES
- We are passionate about providing our guests with a flawless experience.
- Responsibility, respect, and honesty are crucial to us.
- We are committed to ethical values and business ethics.
- We believe in human worth and invest in people.
- Guest satisfaction is always our top priority.
- Sustainability is always our focus, concerning the environment, natural resources, and human resources.
- Compliance with legal foundations is always our top priority.
- Sustainability encompasses environmental, social, cultural, economic, quality, human rights, health and safety, and risk and crisis management topics, which are our priorities. We consider continuous improvement as our duty within the goals we set in this regard.
- We work as a team in everything we do.
- Our staff is competent and friendly.
- We work quickly and with discipline.
OUR SUSTAINABILITY POLICY
We comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and legal obligations in all our product and service processes, respecting the national and international laws and the supremacy of law. We make efforts to stay updated with these legal requirements and adapt quickly to any updates from relevant ministries.
STAKEHOLDER SAFETY AND INVESTMENT IN PEOPLE
The health and safety of our employees, suppliers, and all stakeholders are our priority. We provide continuous training to increase health and safety awareness, regularly review risks, and diligently implement technological advancements to reduce risks in line with evolving conditions. We support local and fair trade by sourcing products and services from nearby suppliers.
We do not discriminate against anyone based on language, religion, race, gender, social class, age, or union membership. Protecting human rights is our fundamental principle.
Our guests are the reason for our existence. We track and address all guest suggestions and complaints from various sources, resolve complaints in accordance with ethical conduct rules, and transparently inform our guests about the resolution process. We take prompt action on all suggestions and complaints received through online channels or in-person within the organization to prevent recurring issues.
RESPECT FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND WILDLIFE CONSERVATION
We are committed to protecting the natural environment in all our activities, utilizing our resources efficiently, preventing environmental pollution, and demonstrating sensitivity towards preserving the ecosystem by reducing waste within the framework of zero waste initiatives. Accordingly, we dispose of all waste through local administrative and licensed companies. We record the relevant receipts from these companies in the Ministry of Environment's waste management system and carry out necessary projects and action plans to reduce waste as part of the zero waste project.
We aim to continuously improve our energy performance by using energy resources efficiently and exploring the use of alternative renewable sources through infrastructure investments in our hotel. We make efforts to regularly enter the energy consumption values per accommodation into the relevant monitoring systems.
FOOD SAFETY AND HYGIENE
We implement a food safety management system throughout the food chain, adhering to quality and food safety principles to produce and provide products in line with standards. We prioritize hygiene conditions and continuously improve them. All relevant personnel receive regular training in this regard, and health screenings are conducted regularly. Regular food and hygiene inspections by local authorities are carried out at our establishment.
We are aware that our children are the building blocks of our future. We value their growth in a free and safe environment, without being subjected to any exploitation. While providing activities to enhance their intelligence and skills in the carefully prepared area, we also strengthen their friendships within the groups they participate in together.
We regularly visit children's education foundations as part of our social responsibility projects and support special projects in these foundations.
SUPPORTING LOCAL ECONOMY AND SUSTAINABILITY
We are aware of the contribution to the local economy, therefore, 80% of our suppliers and raw materials are local. For sustainable tourism, we make environmentally friendly purchases that consume less energy, water, and produce less waste. Our suppliers are selected from the closest ones to the region, and regular on-site supplier audits are conducted.
OUR CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY POLICY
We believe that all our employees have the right to work under conditions that respect human dignity, in a healthy and safe environment. Our employees are our most valuable assets, and ensuring and protecting their safety is our top priority.
Our hotel is always ready to implement the best environmental solutions and support any initiatives that promote the development and dissemination of environmentally friendly technologies, beyond legal obligations, to increase environmental awareness.
In Istanbul, where we operate, we strive to fulfill our social and environmental responsibilities to the community in harmonious cooperation with our shareholders, employees, the public, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders.
We believe that our human resources are the most important element of sustainable growth. We ensure that our employees' rights are fully and properly utilized. We approach our employees with honesty and fairness, commit to a non-discriminatory, safe, and healthy working environment. We make the necessary effort for the individual development of our employees and maintain a balance between work and personal life.
We responsibly manage the environmental impacts that may arise from all our activities.
We make efforts for the development of our society within the framework of corporate social responsibility. We support our employees in participating voluntarily in appropriate social and community activities with a sense of social responsibility.
We strive to develop approaches to ensure that all our business partners, especially our suppliers, act in line with hotel standards in the field of social responsibility, and we ensure the implementation of these approaches.
We have taken all necessary measures for the health and safety of our employees within the framework of occupational health and safety, and we show special sensitivity to the provision of on-the-job training by experts and the presentation of annual training programs to our employees.
We show sensitivity to the traditions and cultures of Turkey and the countries where we operate, and we act in accordance with all legal regulations.
OUR QUALITY POLICY
On our path to achieving our vision as a hotel;
- To meet guest expectations at a high level and be a leading establishment in the industry
- To create the organizational philosophy with all our staff, continuously improve, instill trust in the workplace, and provide service that exceeds the expectations of our guests
- To provide services in compliance with national and international regulations and conditions, demonstrating the necessary sensitivity with a preventive approach to food safety risks
- To minimize all risks that may endanger the health, safety, and well-being of our guests and employees, and prevent such accidents
- To make quality measurable, ensure continuous improvement of the system, set goals, and ensure the unity of our employees and management
- To create environmental awareness with our staff as a hotel and prioritize leaving a cleaner, healthier, and safer environment for future generations
OUR ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY
For the protection and sustainability of the environment we live in; while conducting our activities, we identify negative effects and potential hazards to the environment, and we utilize natural resources efficiently, reduce waste, promote recycling, and prevent environmental pollution to protect the environment and nature we live in.
By complying with all environmental regulations and administrative regulations both within and outside the organization, we minimize the environmental impacts arising from our activities, prevent air, water, and noise pollution and their negative effects on human health and nature by correctly utilizing resources and properly separating waste. Through the training we provide to our employees, we ensure the continuity of health, environment, and natural life, and aim to leave a cleaner environment for future generations. This forms the Asur Hotel environmental management philosophy.
We comply with the current environmental laws, regulations, legislation, and fulfill all requirements; we conduct our activities by continuously improving ourselves.
OUR OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY
With the aim of protecting our workplace, employees, guests, and suppliers, creating a safe working environment, and ensuring its continuity;
- We comply with all legal and other obligations related to occupational health and safety.
- We embrace the principle that Occupational Health and Safety and improvement activities are the common responsibility of all employees.
- We set goals for the participation of all levels in Risk Assessment and Risk Level Reduction activities.
- We aim to achieve a sustainable "Zero Occupational Accident" target by continuously improving our Occupational Health and Safety culture.
- We share our work in the context of occupational health and safety with all our employees and our environment to be a pioneer and an example.
- When making purchases, preference will be given to products that have the feature of reusability, deposit-based products, or organic products that do not generate non-recyclable waste.
- Reusable, refillable, or, if none of these are possible, environmentally friendly and recyclable products will be preferred over single-use products and disposable materials such as cups, utensils, and napkins.
- Preference will not be given to disposable and plastic/paper-packaged products in procurement decisions.
- If the purchase of disposable products and consumables is necessary (e.g., cleaning supplies, stationery items, etc.), their procurement, usage, and recycling will be carefully monitored and managed.
- Instructions and guidelines on how to recycle disposable products and reduce their usage will be provided to the staff through training.
- Agreements will be made with animal shelters for the disposal of food waste, ensuring that the food reaches the shelters without disrupting the food chain.
- Disposable products such as plastic bottles, paper cups, and packaged items in the rooms will be gradually phased out, and targets will be set for ending practices such as packaging of food products and other materials. The compliance process with these targets will be discussed during management review meetings.
- It is important to avoid unnecessary packaging when making purchases. Reusable glass and metal products will be preferred over paper and plastic cups, plates, utensils, and water bottles.
- Commonly used materials (e.g., surface cleaners) will be purchased in larger packaging sizes to reduce the amount of plastic waste generated.
- Clear and documented goals for efficient procurement are important (displayed in visible areas, shared through digital platforms, QR codes, or the website).
- Necessary goods and products should be made from environmentally friendly materials that do not harm nature and the environment, with a preference for recyclable and eco-labeled products.
- Certified products and suppliers will be preferred, especially for wood, paper, fish, other food products, and products from the wild.
- In places where certified products and suppliers are not available, the origin and methods of growth or production will be taken into account.
- Endangered species will not be used or sold.
- Precautions will be taken to avoid supplies that endanger the population of plant and animal products.
- Priority will be given to environmentally certified products in the procurement of goods.
- All material (raw materials, ingredients, finished and semi-finished products) supplies and purchases will be sourced from suppliers who comply with the Food Law and Regulations, Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry, Ministry of Health, Public Health Law and regulations, and who possess the necessary certificates according to the TSE Hygiene and Sanitation Systems.
- To support local fair trade, purchases will be made from local sellers within a 100 km radius.
- Purchases will be made from approved supplier lists and local companies that have undergone necessary inspections.
- Companies involved in the supply of goods will be periodically inspected.
- Attention will be given to the CE certification of cleaning, hygiene materials, and protective equipment during procurement.
- Priority will be given to suppliers who embrace fair trade practices in agriculture for food products.
- Authorized suppliers will provide informative training sessions to relevant personnel regarding the use of all supplied chemical products.
- Permits from the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry for all food products will be obtained from supplier companies and stored digitally.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) for pest control, disinfection, and chemicals used in the kitchen will be obtained from supplier companies and stored digitally.
- Safe physical distancing rules will not be violated during goods acceptance.
- Personnel involved in goods acceptance will take personal protective and hygiene measures (mask, face shield, gloves, apron, hand hygiene, etc.).
- Necessary planning will be carried out to prevent congestion and accumulation during goods acceptance, in accordance with the precautions.
- The cartons and boxes of goods accepted by the facility will be disinfected before being sent to storage areas.
- Products directly intended for consumption and guest use after goods acceptance can be used after undergoing a detailed disinfection process once removed from their boxes.
- It is recommended to keep the products that have been received in the warehouse for at least 12 hours before being used, and if this duration cannot be followed, the materials and products will be disinfected after being removed from their boxes or cartons before use.
- Supplier company employees who have not taken personal protection and hygiene measures will be provided with the necessary personal protective equipment during goods acceptance.
- Supplier Businesses will be informed in advance by the Purchasing Department about the measures and actions taken within the organization in the context of Covid-19, and they will be ensured to comply with these rules within the organization.
- Kitchen utensils and equipment, stainless steel service sets, glassware and porcelain service sets, and other washable materials that are purchased for the first time will be taken to the equipment storage area for use after being washed in a dishwasher.
- Waste and return products will be kept in a controlled area for waste and returns and will be delivered to the supplier company.
- Our priority in the products we procure is to obtain them from suppliers who have environmental certifications and consider good agricultural practices.
- For food and products in contact with food and their packaging, suppliers with environmental labels issued by the Ministry of Environment, Urbanization and Climate and possessing ISO 14001, good agricultural practices, EU's ECO Label, BRC, Organic Farming, and Organic Water Certificates are selected.
- For non-food products, priority is given to companies that have ISO 9001 QMS and ISO 27001 standards.
- Attention is paid to the legal obligation of hunting animals outside the prohibited hunting season or hunting areas.
- To support local and fair trade, all products and services will be purchased from the nearest suppliers.
- We are committed to prioritizing the purchase of reusable, returnable, and recyclable products.
- In bulk purchases, materials will be selected and purchased first in unpackaged and returnable packaging. If not possible, single and large packaging will be used.
ENVIRONMENTAL PROCUREMENT POLICY
The most important goal in procurement is to minimize waste generation and, if possible, eliminate waste production entirely, while ensuring continuity in procurement.
In line with this goal, the material acceptance practices to be implemented within the organization are as follows:
Fossil fuel, when consumed, releases greenhouse gases into the atmosphere, leading to air pollution and various diseases. It also poses a threat to the clean environment and air quality, which are essential for natural resources, including tourism.
Therefore, we have taken measures to reduce energy consumption as much as possible.
Among these measures, we monitor and measure the daily and nightly energy consumption, including electricity, natural gas, and fuel used in vehicles. Based on the analysis results, we implement measures to reduce energy consumption and establish medium to long-term numerical targets. We also develop a roadmap to achieve these targets.
In the future, we aim to prioritize energy generated from renewable sources in electricity consumption through infrastructure investments.
In our facility, we choose equipment and products that minimize energy consumption and maximize energy efficiency. We use motion-sensor and LED lighting, energy-efficient air conditioning and heating systems, and heat pumps. Additionally, we have implemented complete insulation and sealing measures to prevent any potential energy losses in the building.